How to install Charcoal Pit Mod 1.16.5/1.12.2 (Better Charcoal and Coke Production)
Follows 5 Steps bellow to install Charcoal Pit Mod 1.16.5/1.12.2 on Windows and Mac :
1. You need ready installed Minecraft Forge.
2. Download a Forge compatible mod from url download, or anywhere else!
3. Open Minecraft, click ->> ‘Mods’ button on the main menu, click – >> ‘Open Mods Folder’.Important: Some older versions of Forge may not have the ‘Open Mods Folder’ button. If that is the case, you need to find the folder manually. Windows:
- Press the Windows key and R at the same time
- Type %appdata% and press enter
- Find the Minecraft folder and then look for the Mods folder within that
- Click on the desktop and then press Command+Shift+G all at the same time
- Type ~/Library and press enter
- Open the folder Application Support and then Minecraft
4. Place the mod file downloaded (.jar or .zip) into the Mods folder.
5. Relaunch Minecraft, and you should now see the new mod installed in the list!
To make a charcoal pit simply dig a hole in the ground. Any solid block works. Solid means that torches can be placed on it.
Cover it and leave a spot for ignition.
How to use:
- Start by placing your log piles/coal blocks in any shape you want then cover any exposed faces with the appropriate block. For charcoal piles any non-flammable block that is solid on the side facing the pile will work. For coke only specific blocks will work: bricks and nether bricks by default.
- To start it light one of the log piles/coal blocks on fire and quickly cover it. Its working if you see smoke particles at the top.
- If the structure is invalid the log piles/coal blocks will burn out and invalidate even more blocks leaving you with nothing but tears. Seriously, each block contains 9 logs/coals, you can easily lose stacks of resources.
- After a while (18MC hours for charcoal and 36MC hours for coke by default) it will stop smoking and the log piles/coal blocks will turn into an ash-looking block. So diggy diggy that up and you will get charcoal/coke and ash. It’s not a 1:1 conversion but fortune helps. Ash can be used to make fertilizer.
- But it does not end there. It’s also possible to collect creosote oil from this process. To do this craft a few creosote funnels and follow the instructions on the tooltip. Creosote oil will be produced during the process, NOT at the end of it. Remember that the stone brick version does not work for coal blocks. Creosote oil can be used as furnace fuel.
- To build the pottery kiln shift-right-click on the top of a solid block with a valid ingredient. The ingredient will be placed on the ground forming a kiln. Then cover the kiln with hales of bay and wood logs. The kiln needs to be covered with solid blocks on all sides except the top which needs to be empty, making it a 2D structure unlike the charcoal pit. When it’s ready lit the top on fire and wait. If the structure is invalid the fire will go out. Be aware that rain will also extinguish the kiln.
- After a while (8MC hours by default) the fire will go out and the kiln will turn into an ash-looking block like the charcoal pit. Dig it up to get the ceramics and some ash.
- By default this mod disables the log -> charcoal and clay -> ceramics furnace recipes.
Charcoal Pit Mod 1.16.5/1.12.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12
For Minecraft 1.16.1
For Minecraft 1.16.5
How to install Minecraft Forge
Minecraft Forge is a Modding API that makes it very easy to install a number of different Minecraft mods. This guide will explain how to correctly install Forge.
1. Visit the Forge website, choose the Minecraft version you would like to run from the sidebar on the left, then download the installer.
2. Open the .jar file you have just downloaded, make sure ‘Install client’ is selected and click OK. Once this has finished you will see a success message.
3. Launch Minecraft and select the Forge profile then click Play.
4. You should now see the Minecraft Forge text in the lower left hand corner and a Mods button below Multiplayer.
If so, congratulations, you have successfully installed Minecraft Forge